2 pounds of red potatoes
3 tablespoons Olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley
Several cloves of Garlic
1/3 cup olives, pitted
Salt to taste
- Slice the potatoes, unpeeled. They should not be sliced too thinly.
- Thinly slice the lemon, peel and all, being careful to discard the seeds.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the Parsley
- Toss everything except the olives, with the olive oil, then spread evenly in the x 13 pan.
- Bake at 425F for an hour, stirring everything two or three times.
- Add the olives during the last five minutes of cooking.
The recipe is from T. Carter who found it in Fine Cooking March, 2004 and posted it here, and wrote:
The recipe called for oil-cured olives . . . The potatoes are supposed to crisp while the lemons caramelize.The thinner you slice the lemons, the happier you'll be. I've found a knife with a serated edge works best. Do try lemon varieties; they all taste slightly different. The recipe doesn't call for it, but when you add the olives, a sprinkle of salt and pepper won't go amiss.