Baked and cooled pastry (shortbread, chocolate or plain)
1 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate morsels (like Ghirardelli)
2 1/2 c. cream, divided into 2 cups and 1/2 cup
1 t. vanilla
1 T. Rum, Bourbon, Grand Marnier, Cointrieau, or Peach Schnapps or Raspberry Liquor (double or triple this according to taste)
- Beat 2 cups cream till soft peaks form. Place in refrigerator to keep cool while you do the following:
- Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup cream about 1 1/2 minutes till melted, stirring twice.
- Add liquor and vanilla, mix well.
- Cool about 5 minutes. The chocolate needs to soft enough to blend.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate.
- Pour into shell. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and/or sliced almonds or grated chocolate.
- Dip a warm knife in hot water before slicing.