- 1 to 1/2 Cups blueberries, adjusted to taste
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Cup sugar (may be slightly reduced depending on berries)
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease muffin pans or use liners.
- Beat butter, add sugar beat till creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in half the flour, then half the milk. Stir gently.
- Add the rest of the flour and milk alternately.
- add the blueberries, folding them in gently. Don't over stir.
- Pour into muffin tin cups, lined with paper shells.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the sugar and nutmeg mixture.
- Bake at 375 25-30 minutes until the muffins are golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool about a half hour before removing.
These freeze really well. If you're planning to freeze them, take them out of the oven one or two minutes before they're done, and let them cool before you freeze them.