Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer Salad

It's been a while, but I have a fun recipe for a salad that is perfect for a cookout, picnic or at the table. Before Summer is over, I wanted to share this easy recipe. Especially good with hot dogs or burgers. It is easy and very tasty and usually kids love it because it is full of fritos.

CORN CHIP SALAD

1 can kidney beans-do not drain
1/4 of an onion shopped
1/4 of a green pepper chopped
1/2 tomato chopped
1/2 small bottle Catalina dressing

Mix all ingredients together and leave to marinate for a couple of hours or more.
About 1/2 to 1 hour before serving, add 1/2 bag of Frito Corn Chips.

You can adjust the vegies in the salad if you prefer more than are called for.

1 comment:

Mac said...

Yay, mom! I haven't had this in years. :) And I'm not sure I ever DID know how to make it.

Hugs, and thank you!